Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tech N9ne



Kanye West
Lil Wayne
Jay-Z
Tech N9ne
Eminem
50 Cent

Which one stands out to you?  Let me guess, you have heard of all the other ones, but who is the Tech N9ne cat with oddly spelled name?  Tech is probably one of the most amazing unknown rappers out there.  He hails from Kansas City, Mo. and unlike the above mentioned rappers he is not signed to a major label..  What Tech did years ago was start his own label, Strange Music and tour non-stop to build his following.  You want to know what makes him special?  Check out the song "K.O.D.".  Listen to the second verse.  He raps the first lines backward.  I

I first heard of Tech N9ne from an old Tower Records store I used to go to.  I picked up his album "Absolute Power" and loved his take on the old song "Rock Me Amadeus", which was transformed into "I'm a Playa".  Ever since then I picked up every album he has released.  He truly is better than 90% of the rappers out there.  He should be huge. Check out a couple of additional tracks from his most recent Album, "K.O.D." (King of Darkness).  "Leave Me Alone" and "Demons".

Thoughts?

Email me at shaft@stereogasm.com if there is an artist or band that needs to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment