Sunday, January 31, 2010

Unkle


Artist: Unkle
Album: War Stories

I was originally gonna post something else tonight but a friend of mine (Jessi) and I started having a discussion on electronic/trip-hop music. So as I put on one of my favorite artists from the genre that she had never heard of. Ahhh....the bane of our existence. These are the conversations that I love having and the reason I love what we are trying to do here at Stereogasm.com.

Unkle is a trip-hop/electronica group from England that has been around in multiple incarnations since 1994. This particular album I picked up because Ian Astbury of the Cult (one of my all time favorites bands) lends his vocals to two tracks, "Burn My Shadow" and "When Things Explode". What I was pleasantly surprised to end up getting, was a great album to drive to, or get ready to go out to. This album makes we want to go the city and get my drink on. Another stand out track is "Restless" featuring Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. The build-up on this track is really what makes me listen to it over and over again.

Give it a whirl boys and girls and let me know what you think.

Shaft
Shaft@stereogasm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment