Thursday, January 7, 2010

Broken Belts


Live show Review:
Band - Broken Belts
Venue – Tiger O’Stylies

Stereogasm is at it again at one of our favorite original music venues, Tiger O’Stylies. Ya know, they may not be aware of it, but we are a perfect pair. Feels like we hooked up at match.com or sumthin’.

I bellied up to the bar, got my drink & settled in my center staged table. Awesome! Couldn’t help but notice that a birthday party would soon be in full effect (not sure if the streamers or balloons gave it away). Soon thereafter my observations were interrupted by good ole Southern Blues Rock.

“Drunk in Tennessee” was the first original piece played by the 9 member band known these parts as Broken Belts. The lead vocalist sang with a natural tone. So much so, that his speaking voice matched his singing voice to a t. “Drunk in Tennessee” entails such drunken acts, included but not limited to getting into it with your old lady & locking your own keys in the car. Yikes! This song is well written & witty I might add.

“Whisky Weed & Women opened with a strong acapella. Believe me when I say, this dude can blow! Lead singer boldly confesses of his oft consumed guilty pleasures given in the aforementioned title. He adds that the combination & frequency of the whisky, weed & women will eventually be the death of him. Lively song throughout & given the title of the song it was direct & to the point.

Due to the fact that I didn’t fully do my homework on this Broken Belts I was a bit clueless. Okay, maybe very clueless but I wasn’t disappointed with their performance by any stretch. The lead singer was charismatic when transitioning from song to song. There was fantastic interaction between the band members. I felt involved in all of the original songs that were performed. Not sure if my involvement derived from the fact that all of the songs revolved around alcoholic beverages but hey… From the lyrical content, the music, & the band’s lively character, Broken Belts is a band fit for almost any adult venue. Go see em’ if they are in your neck of the woods.

- Kojak

No comments:

Post a Comment