Friday, January 29, 2010

Raheem DeVaughn "Bulletproof"


Artist: Raheem DeVaughn
Song: Bulletproof feat. Ludacris
Album: The Love & War MastePeace


I have been thinking over the last day and a half how I wanted to write my take on this song. I first heard it about 2 months ago on XM Radio. Now, I knew of Raheem DeVaughn from supplying the hook on a couple of songs from Ghostface Killah's most recent album (the review to come later) and an album he released in 2008 called "Love Behind the Melody". To be honest, the album was in my library but had never been played. Anyways. I could go on and on about this song and how much it reminds me of something Marvin Gaye would have done had he been releasing music now but honestly, just listen to the song. And try not to succumb to the vibe. Or the message.



1 comment: