Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stereophonics




Stereophonics
Album: Pull The Pin
Released: 2007


Let me start by saying, yes---I know this album came out in 2007. But I am personally a big fan of this mostly unknown rock band from England and I can do what I want. Ok--I'm going to be honest they are probably my favorite band so that alone is gonna get them some love on the site.

Now my thoughts on the album. This group is a straight up rock band with a singer who sounds a little rough. You might think that Kelly Jones was up all night smoking cigarettes and drinking whiskey, but that is what I love about his voice. It is not perfect. There is so much rawness and texture that it almost becomes an additional instrument. There is a nice balance between harder driving tracks like "Soldiers Make Good Targets" and "Bank Holiday Monday" and the more emotional ballads or slower songs if you prefer it that way. "It Means Nothing", "Stone" and "Drowning" (my personal favorite on the whole album) are great listens.

Additionally, the band does have a greatest hits album out. Get it. You will not be disappointed. Every single person I have turned this band on to has been extremely satisfied with the quality of music and writing. Go ahead, give it a listen. I know you want to....

No comments:

Post a Comment